MEET OUR INSTRUCTORS
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I enroll in LVREA courses?
All classes are listed on our website. In each class description there is a link to the IMS where you can register and make a payment. If you are not a LVAR member, there is a link for non-member online registration.
Must I be sponsored or affiliated with a real estate company prior to taking courses or exams?
Anyone can take courses and exams without a sponsor. However, in order to apply for a Real Estate license, you must be associated with a real estate company and the Broker of Record for that company must sign the application for a license.
What if I misplace my official transcript?
We can provide you with a replacement transcript at no charge.
How do I get a Pa. Real Estate License?
To practice real estate in the state of Pennsylvania, an individual must first obtain a license from the state. You must successfully complete the licensure process, which requires a number of objectives:
1. You must complete 60 hours of prescribed education in Real Estate Fundamentals (30 hrs.) and Real Estate Practice (30 hrs.). These courses can be taken in a classroom setting or online. An individual must pass an exam at the end of each course.
2. State-required Real Estate Exam. At the end of the Fundamentals and Practice courses, this exam includes two sections – a general real estate section and a state-specific section.
3. Provide a Criminal History Record Information Report--completed by the State Police--from the state where the applicant resides. This report must be dated within 90 days of application. Pennsylvania background checks may be obtained at
4. Complete the Pennsylvania Salesperson Initial Standard License Application and enclose payment. Other documents to be included with the application are transcripts for the completed 60 hours of education, notices from the testing service showing a passing grade on the state-required exam, and the Criminal History Record Report.
5. Affiliate with a Real Estate Company (Broker), through whom the license will be issued.
Does it matter which course I take first?
It doesn’t matter which course you take first. Each course covers different material that is
needed to prepare for the State Exam. You can start with either Fundamentals or Practice.
When will I receive my transcript?
We issue transcripts to only those students who have earned a passing grade for the course and have attended at least 80% of a class. Transcripts are mailed within 14 business days after the course ends.
Copyright © Lehigh Valley Association of REALTORS®, All Rights Reserved.
All information is subject to change and should be independently verified
10 South Commerce Way | Bethlehem PA 18017 | 610.882.4100
Like LVAR on Facebook
Follow LVAR on Twitter
Watch LVAR on YouTube
LVAR in Pinterest"
Find LVAR on Google+